Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rome - Coliseum and Victor Emmanuel II Monuments


Today I am sharing two pictures of ones of the most impressive buildings in Rome, the first picture is the gladiators arena located in the heart of the city and my second picture is the Victor Emmanuel II Monument, I have to say that the Victor Emmanuel II is one of the most impressive monuments that I have seen so far. I took the time to do a bit of research on this building and I found that the structure is 135 meters wide and 81 meters high, this monument has been also criticized for being incompatible with the architecture that surrounds it. In terms of investment, this building along with the Coliseum attract tourist from all over the world and both of them had generated more revenue than the amount of money once invested for their construction. In my opinion these buildings once represented the power of a kingdom, nowadays represents the power of a nation and both of them without any doubt are magnets for tourism.


Coliseum at Night


Victor Emmanuel II Monument

1 comment:

  1. I like the "Coliseum at Night" because of the dark dramatic shadows, warm light and the perspective. They are good photos.

    ReplyDelete